"I just saw my PMD yesterday"
Too often many ED patients report that they had just seen their PMD the day or week before and they were fine.  But on the day that they are sick, they can't get into see their usual source of care.  ED literature demonstrates that most ED patients have a PMD, but come to the ED because they cannot be seen in a timely manner.  So, how is it that the ED, the busiest place by far, can make room to see everyone that might show up any particular day, but private physicians can't. 

One way I think private offices can make room for their sick patients is too stop doing well checks.  I am not saying that people don't need medical screening, but why does the Doctor even need to be involved.  Can't nurses and PA's handle "well checks" freeing up the doctor to be a doctor.  Didn't Jesus of Nazareth say "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick"? I suppose PMD's like seeing well patients. The patient's like seeing their PMD's also and associate being well with seeing their PMD. But when the patient is sick, too often, the patient cannot get a same-day appointment or told over the phone that they sound sick and should go to the ED because the office is not set up to manage sick patients.
"They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick" -  Jesus of Nazareth